1. Skin Irritation: Synthetic colors used during Holi can cause skin irritation, leading to redness, itching, or rashes, particularly for those with sensitive skin.

2. Eye Irritation: Direct contact of colors with the eyes can result in irritation, redness, watering, or even corneal abrasions, posing a risk to eye health.

3. Allergic Reactions: Certain chemicals in Holi colors may trigger allergic reactions in some individuals, manifesting as itching, swelling, or hives on the skin.

4. Respiratory Issues: Inhaling or accidentally ingesting Holi colors can lead to respiratory problems such as coughing, sneezing, or exacerbation of asthma symptoms.

5. Toxicity: Synthetic colors may contain harmful substances like heavy metals or toxic chemicals, posing a risk of poisoning if ingested or absorbed through the skin.

6. Hair Damage: Harsh chemicals in Holi colors can damage hair, making it dry, brittle, and susceptible to breakage, requiring intensive care post-celebrations.

7. Skin Allergies: Prolonged exposure to synthetic colors may induce allergic reactions, exacerbating dermatitis or eczema in susceptible individuals.

8. Infections: The wet environment created by Holi colors can promote bacterial or fungal growth, increasing the risk of skin infections, especially in cuts or abrasions.

9. Chemical Burns: Some synthetic colors contain corrosive chemicals that can cause chemical burns or irritation, particularly on sensitive areas of the skin.

10. Environmental Impact: Chemical-based Holi colors can pollute water bodies and soil, harming aquatic life and ecosystems, emphasizing the need for eco-friendly alternatives.